OtherPets

Si (Arabian/Quarter Horse)

Si (registered name: Saida Luiba) is a 31 year old (Born May 2nd, 1977) Arabian/Quarter Horse. Si has been in my family since I was just 4 years old (I'm 21 now). This May she will be turning 32 years old! Her favorite activity is having my daughter, Lilly, love and pet her.

The whole family still enjoys riding her. Her age doesn't slow her down a bit! It was a dream come true to move to a small acreage where I could finally bring her home again (she's been boarded for several years). Si is very special to us- I will never find another one like her!

By Stacey from Dorr, MI

I bet she has the softest lips and is very gentle with your daughter.

What a precious horse!! She is almost 32 years old. That is wonderful. You sound like such a loving family. Just what she deserves, to live out her life. God Bless You! Donna Victoria B.C. Canada

Your post about Si was very moving! It brought back memories of my childhood mare Bessie. Although I don't currently have any horses, I hope to one day soon. I would love to open a rescue farm for older horses and also have some mules. I want to add the mules just because I like their looks. Crazy? I don't think so.

Thanks for sharing your precious photo and story with us.

Anonymous

How sweet! I am so happy to know that Si can be at home with you again! When we were growing up my best friend had a horse named Tardy and he was the coolest :-) We still talk about him :-) Horses are magical!

Horses like that are rare and special, lucky you!

I loved reading your story about Si. The photo of your daughter snuggling up to her is so cute. You are all very lucky to have each other. Pets make our family complete!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

I like the photo a lot because it shows how gentle the horse is around children. I love horses but have never had one. I love your story!

Ohh that pic with your lil girl snuggling him is so precious. What a lovely horse and how

calm. Thank you for sharing your picture.

Si is beautiful and so is your daughter. Si looks as calm as the horse I had (Dolly) Had to sell her when my hubby found a younger gal. Didn't miss him but missed my horses. Still miss my horses

What a wonderful way for your beautiful daughter to grow up - around a magnificant horse like Si. God bless you all, and (jokingly) I am SO jealous! haha My first job as a young teenager was mucking stalls at Mrs. Mott's Pony Farm here on Long Island in NY. In exchange I could ride all I wanted when chores were done, and received a small pay. I'm now 60, but that was when I was the happiest working! May Si live a long happy life knowing she is loved. Barbara