Pet Horse Photos

Category Horses
Horses are beautiful animals and even if we don't have one ourselves many of us enjoy seeing photos of these elegant pets. This is a guide about pet horse photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

This is my Canadian horse, Phenix. This was the first time we hitched him to a sleigh. The Canadian is the national horse breed of Canada.

The last photo is of Phenix and I on a buggy ride. The field behind is Canola in flower, in New Liskeard, Ontario

By Corinna D.

Comment Like this photo? 25

Last winter and the morning brought 6 inches of snow for us in East Texas. Sassy Jazz is 21 and Call Me Patches is 29. We have lived in ETX for 17 years, and this was only the second time that we had had any snow, much less 6 inches.

These two ran and kicked and bucked all across our 20 acres, having such fun in the snow. I was worried because of their advanced ages for their safety, but we laughed and enjoyed their antics.

By Karen

Two horses in the snow.

Comment Like this photo? 18

This horse Sequoia loved children. I got him at an auction 18 years ago. Sad to say he passed away in the spring of 2011. He is missed by all the family, and he will never be forgotten. I got him when he was 3 years old, and he passed away at age 21.

By Connie P. from MN

Chestnut horse (Sequoia) touching noses with a young girl (Brook)

Comment Like this photo? 17

This photo is best to look at in a large format to properly see Jake's eyes that are saying YIKES!

Jake was my girlfriend's dog, a Miniature Pinscher, and this is him meeting my horse Buster a few years back. Jake was normally a very bold little dog and nothing scared him, but when he met Buster my horse, he was a little overwhelmed by the size.

I'm sad to say that Buster and Jake have both passed on, but they were both well loved and will never be forgotten.

By Ann from Goulais River, Ontario

Editor's Note: To see the picture at full size, just click on the image.

Jake (dog) meets Buster (horse)

Comment Like this photo? 12

Patriot is 28 years old and a Paint horse. When I was 11, I saw him at an auction. He stood out. I loved him from the first time I saw him. My mom kept saying "no", but finally gave into the tears and begging and pleading and bought him for me. He loves to be groomed and graze on grass.

By Audra from Trenton, TX

Patriot (Paint Horse) in a field

Comment Like this photo? 13

Lukas is 17 years old. He is a rescued Thoroughbred (horse). He chose me to be his buddy. Lukas is the World's Smartest Horse (according to the World Records Academy) and Guinness is reviewing a record attempt by him.

He's been in the news world-wide and performs to benefit non-profits. He also spends time entertaining children to show how wonderful and smart our animals are. Lukas is also considered one of the top liberty (loose) trick horses in the world to show that animals can learn without the use of force.

By Karen

decorated horse

Comment Like this photo? 20

Cheerio is 9 year old Shetland pony, and Maggie is a 5 year old Arabian X.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 12

I love my horses and mules and I am always taking pictures of my pets. Sunday afternoon, Krystal was feeling really good and she rolled in the sunshine!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 16

Scout is an 11 year old Paint horse. My girl friend and coworker gave him to me. She was down sizing on animals and knew he would have a good home with us. He loves to eat hay. He is a great friend, so gentle, and loves kids.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Angelina is 5 years old. She is a Standardbred - she wasn't fast enough for the track. I adopted her from www.adoptahorse.org, the Starndardbred Retirement Foundation.

Comment Like this photo? 10

This is a photo of one of our horses Rose, who loves being a clown. It was taken at our wilderness homestead.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

My husband and I were out hunting and riding 2 of our registered Quarter Horse geldings last fall. We stopped for a snack and give them a break. Keith decided to eat a granola bar and the two horses, Poco and Bourbon decided he needed to share.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

This is my friend Jodi. She is riding Decker, the big brown horse. I am on Scout, the paint, she gave to me that winter. We are taking advantage of a semi nice winter afternoon. These horses are having a great time with us girls, laughing, riding, and loving the day.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Si (registered name: Saida Luiba) is a 31 year old (Born May 2nd, 1977) Arabian/Quarter Horse. Si has been in my family since I was just 4 years old (I'm 21 now). This May she will be turning 32 years old!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

We got him at an auction many years ago. He loved to graze in the tall grass and he loved little kids. I stopped riding him a short time after getting him. He didn't seem to like me much, but I kept him around so he could have a good life. He passed away at 22 years old.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Max was a Christmas gift from my husband and we bought Jolene as a match for Max.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Fortune Teller is a 13 year old horse of unknown breeding. We got her in April of 2008. She likes Carriage Driving going really fast

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Justin Time is his name, "Justin" for short! He is a grand 8 years old, a Quarter Horse Breeding Stock Paint gelding. I purchased him as an unbroke two year old for a measly $500. Justin loves to drink Capri Sun, to jump, and to eat.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My pet's name is Roper's Impression. He is 22. He is a Quarter Horse. I got Roper about 1 year ago. I am currently leasing him.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I got him as my very first horse for my 16th birthday. Ralphy loves to pretend to be a barrel racer in the arena.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I bought Logie about a year ago, mostly out of pity as he was skin and bone. Today he is the picture of health and the cuddliest horse I've owned!

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1