Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Olive Oil and Sugar Scrub

3EmailPrintFollowSave
Face Scrub from the Kitchen

I have discovered the most amazing face & body scrub straight from my own kitchen! Take a 1/2 cup of sugar, 2 Tbsp. of olive oil and 1 Tbsp. of any extract (I've tried vanilla and mint - but not together!). Mix all ingredients, jump in the shower, wet your skin, massage the scrub into your skin and rinse. The sugar removes all the dead skin and all that remains is soft skin from the olive oil. I've even used it on my face and lips (don't rub too hard) and my face looks and feels amazing.

Don't be concerned about olive oil on your face - it's one of the most natural oils and won't clog your pores. I love using the vanilla for Saturday nights and peppermint for mornings. You can use any scent you want! Experiment and enjoy!

By Ricki from Westfield, MA

By

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 03/17/2004 Flag

• 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp of sugar (depending on how thick you want it)
Directions:

This is a very easy sugar scrub. Just mix olive oil and sugar in a small rubbermaid bowl with lid. Keep it by your kitchen sink and use it after doing the dishes. Gently rub it into your hands and cuticle, rinse with warm water. Works on dry feet too. A lot cheaper than buying some fancy scrub with a lot of additives and perfumes.

By Anne Pagliai

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By azthyme (Guest Post) 03/10/2005 Flag

I have seen this recipe often and finally tried it. It works great. I live in Arizona where the air is very dry so I love it for my face too!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Michele (Guest Post) 03/17/2006 Flag

I have a question about this...I have tried this before with sugar and body wash...but the sugar was too coarse...is there any way to make the sugar more fine so it's less abrasive?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kim (Guest Post) 03/18/2006 Flag

This is so strange as last night before I went to bed, I decided to use my sugar grapefruit body scrub on my hands. It felt so good. While in bed, I came up with the cheap idea of sugar and olive oil. Figured olive oil must be good for the hands too. Here I thought I came up with something and it's already around. Thanks for making me realize my thoughts are good!
``````
Michele, if the scrub is too course, add water and mix in your hands before using it on your body. It'll soften up immediately, dissolving the crystals.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By yankeesgryl (Guest Post) 03/22/2006 Flag

I make one similar. I use a mixture of Baby Oil w/ Aloe Vera & Vitamin E and sugar using the exact same measurements you have. It makes your skin feel really smooth and you smell like a baby.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Amira 1 12 04/12/2006 Flag

is it safe for sensitive skin like me?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joslyn (Guest Post) 04/29/2006 Flag

I read about this idea in Allure Magazine earlier this month in a section with tips from former Miss Universe women, I tried it this morning and it felt great!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Vee (Guest Post) 09/12/2006 Flag

If granulated sugar is too hard on your skin, put it in the food processor for a bit to make it smoother. I use 1/2 cup of sugar, 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, and 3 tablespoons of liquid soap, liquid body wash or shampoo. I have oily, sensitive skin, but this doesn't bother it at all. It's great as an all over body scrub.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Jane (Guest Post) 03/11/2007 Flag

i tried this today and it was kinda hard to wash off the olive oil. are you supposed to use soap to get it off or just wipe it off?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By kathleen (Guest Post) 05/11/2007 Flag

I have a question... Do you use the olive oil scrub before or after the soap?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By whydidn'tyousay (Guest Post) 05/14/2007 Flag

Why didn't you all tell me that olive oil smells ? It stinks I don't want to put it on my face :(. And its not cheap either. :(

Editor's Note: It may be that your olive oil is rancid. Good quality olive oil has a light scent but doesn't smell bad.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 05/17/2007 Flag

Figures I go and buy a expired bottle. I don't see a date on it, but thanks for the heads up.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By (Guest Post) 06/01/2007 Flag

i finally tried this today! i used it before the soap... i just put about equal amounts of extra virgin olive oil and sugar together... i used the soap after because i dont like the oil left on my skin..
It left my skin soooo smooth! I should've tried this sooner.. the St. Ives stuff makes me breakout constantly...

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By sharmin (Guest Post) 07/29/2007 Flag

i have a question.i have a oily skin then can i use olive oil on my face? if i can then please tell me how to apply it on face?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Louise (Guest Post) 09/28/2007 Flag

I love the way the olive oil leaves my skin feeling smoothe and soft and the sugar removes the oily dirt from my face. I just love it

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Andrea (Guest Post) 12/04/2007 Flag

What's the difference between extract and oil?
What's the difference between carrier oils and essential oils?
I'd like to add scent to this but am confused by all the descriptions.
Thanks,
Andrea

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Mrs. Reed (Guest Post) 12/16/2007 Flag

To make a smooth texture, melt sugar with the olive oil in the mircowave. Let it cool and spread on face. Let it dry on face for 10 min. and rinse. This is your Glycolic acid.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By helen (Guest Post) 02/01/2008 Flag

Does the olive oil scrub also work on the face? I'm just wondering if it will make the face even more oily :S

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By eczema mom (Guest Post) 04/14/2008 Flag

Could this be used as another home remedy for controlling eczema?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Anne (Guest Post) 07/23/2008 Flag

How long can I keep any that is left over? I assume it's okay at room temp.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By summer (Guest Post) 08/01/2008 Flag

How many times am I suppose to use it? Please reply at
sugarylemonade AT gmail.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Sabrina (Guest Post) 08/17/2008 Flag

Well thank you Ricki, from Westfield, Ma. Can't hardly wait to try this scrub out!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Tatiana (Guest Post) 08/27/2008 Flag

Wow this stuff worked so good and my skin felt amazing after.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By ___ (Guest Post) 01/20/2009 Flag

I used this last night before I went to bed, it's wonderful, unfortunately I apparently got some in my hair and woke up with ants crawling all over me. A truly horrible experience. Luckily they're just little sugar ants and don't bite.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Ross (Guest Post) 01/21/2009 Flag

Do you need to use "virgin" Olive oil if it is your first time?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Caitlin (Guest Post) 02/03/2009 Flag

White sugar or brown?

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By jenna 1 11/15/2009 Flag

I've been an esthetician for over six years and we have used this scrub at my place of employment for as long as I've been there it is great for your skin however not for use on face! I do not recommend putting it on the face even if you rub gently because the tissue on your face is thinner and more delicate it will cause premature aging and puts you in a higher risk of sun spots and even skin cancer because of the agents in the olive oil when its under your skin as with any oil type product the sun is attracted to it. I recommend keeping it on the body everyone.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Brenda 1 05/29/2010 Flag

For the person asking about oily skin: I have oily skin and love olive oil. It soaks in fast, and doesn't clog pores. It's great for feet, elbows, and cuticles, as well. I put a Tbls in a new bottle of hair conditioner, too. Shake well before every use. It tames frizz, and makes even my fine, limp hair look better than ever.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By El Hawk 2 06/06/2010 Flag

Love this scrub! Mixed about tsp of brown sugar and some olive oil, and rubbed in circular motions, then wiped off with muslin cloth as better than rinsing with water. I have dry and sensitive skin and this was fine for it, brown sugar softer than white maybe? I have little pots of sugar and oil in my bathroom now for exfoliating my face in the shower, perfect!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Post a Comment