12 Year Old Sleepover?

My 12 year old daughter wants to have a boy and girl sleepover, but I don't think its a good idea. Any advice?

Thanks,
Aryana

Tell her that she could maybe have a boy/girl party and the boys can leave at a specific time and the girls can sleepover.

That or maybe if one of the boys was having a party have them meet you at a specific place. Then when it's time to go home the girls will go with the girls and the boys will go with the boys.

Well you don't need any boys sleeping over at all especially at 12 yrs old. I think it is a really bad idea.

I reckon you should trust your daughter a bit more dude.

I don't think a boy/girl party is good because we all know that inappropriate things can happen when you mix genders, especially at a sleepover. I defiantly give three thumbs down to this party idea. If she wants an older party let her invite her close friends and have a sleepover but not with boys. No boys at parties for girls under 16!

I really don't get your logic, I mean girls are way more likely to be doing that "stuff" at sleepovers at 16 (most girls not even then) rather than age 12.

I'm 14 and am having a co-ed sleepover for my 15th in a week. It is my first co-ed sleepover but my parents trust me and know I wouldn't do anything like "that", You parents need to think about what's really gonna happen at a sleepover, kids just wanna be able to have boy friends without it being "boyfriends". Have a little more trust in your children. Jeez.

Honestly kids are not even into that sort of stuff at that age unless they've been brought up by bad parents who don't care, or if they hang around older, more irresponsible kids who are like that (and trust me, you'd know if your child was hanging out with those sorts of kids.

You parents have no faith or trust in your children at all, I mean your coming onto a website to either ask people to solve your problems or you're butting your noses in with your stupid thoughts on whether people should let them go to co-ed sleepovers or not based on your reasons, that may I add, DO NOT APPLY TO THE MAJORITY OF CHILDREN. ESPECIALLY AT THAT AGE.

One more thing I'd like to say is I go to a co-ed high school and my best friends are both boys and girls (I actually have more guy best friends than girl best friends).

Look, we don't live in a society where male and female are separated so stop acting like it.

Hmm... It sounds to me like your daughter has heard some mention about sex at school and wants to try it. So my answer would be positively NO! I have a friend whose daughter became a mother at 14 because of swimming at school in the pool with a boy. I used to be a teacher and trust me, kids no more about sex then we think and school is the perfect place for them to learn about it...