Wash Dryer Sheet For Scented Clothing

contest winner icon

For the longest time I had trouble getting my clothes to smell like the expensive soaps and fabric softeners I buy. Immediately out of the dryer, sure they smell good, but days later, my towels never smelled of anything at all. I know for some that is good but I want them to smell like the manufactured dryer sheet because I like that smell.

Then one day, that new washer/dryer sheet thing came in the mail as a sample where you wash with it then move it to the dryer as a softener. It worked great, but they are even more expensive. This made me try something. I threw the regular old dryer sheets into the washer and, holy cow, it worked! Now my clothes hold that smell for weeks and always feel good too. Hope you like the idea!

By Gina from Collegeville, PA

I'm giving it a try tonight.

Hope it works for me too. GG Vi

I'll have to try that! I also like the smell of the dryer sheets and have found a fabric softener that makes your clothes/towels smell good for a long time, Suavitel. I used it one time when the kids were home for a visit and they said they kept sniffing their clothes that I washed cause it smelled so good! :-)

I've been doing the "vinegar thing." I wonder if this strategy would work better? And, if I put the dryer sheet and vinegar both in the wash, will it mess up the scent of the dryer sheet? Hmm...

Can't wait to try it! JoJo

Clothing stored in a closet.
Keeping Clothes Smelling Fresh
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 15, 2010
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
clean washer drum
Cleaning Grease Out of a Washer and Dryer
Scented Bars of Soap
Uses for Scented Soap
Dryer Sheets
Are Dryer Sheets Safe for Birds?
🎉
🎄