Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Dye Transfer From Jeans to a Leather Purse

How do you remove blue jean dye off of an white leather purse?

By Gale from CA

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Dye Transfer From Jeans to a Leather Purse

I wore a new pair of jeans and the denim dye transferred to my metallic leather coach handbag. How can I clean it?

Jeannie from Cincinnati

RE: Dye Transfer From Jeans to a Leather Purse

Try Lovin my Bags Luxury Cleaner Plus. It removes dye transfer from handbags, really great stuff. Google, lovinmybags.com (01/12/2007)

By BoldbyBarbara

Here is a leather stain remover that will work - http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/LeatherStainRemover.htm (04/29/2008)

By ben123

I just wanted to know how can I clean my Coach bag, that's made from fabric? I wear dark jeans and the the lint from the jeans stained the lower part of my bag by rubbing against it, I guess. I just wanted to know how I get the stain off of my bag?

By Natasha from Bronx, NY

I have a B Makowski beige purse. Blue dye from my jeans rubbed off onto it. How do I get it off? The leather is very soft and the bottom of the purse is metallic leather. Please help.

By Jill from Pittsburg, PA

Try leather conditioner. Coach makes some especially for their handbags; maybe your designer does too. Use a soft, clean rag, and lots of elbow grease. Rub in the direction of the grain. I had this happen on my beige leather seats in my vehicle. (12/02/2009)

By tekiebelu

The dye from my jeans has rubbed off onto my new white leather bag. What can I use to get this out?