ReusingGreen Living

Reuse Plastic Meat Trays Around the House

I get these when I buy ground turkey. For more things than I can count, they are wonderful.

I have used them for potting plants. I put water in them, freeze it, and keep desserts and veggies cold. They are great for keeping index cards in for recipes and tickler files. CD cases fit in the narrow way, so you can use them for your desk or entertainment center.

They are perfect for cleaning anything from tools in oil, to silverware in Tarnex, to jewelry in cleaner, and more.

Gotta drain something? It fits under just about any sink and car undercarriage. Fit patterns and crafts inside. Keep vitamins and medications up and away from kids, but still organized. It's the best chicken/fish flour coater there is, cos' it is not round. They can be used to corral little toys, pet supplies, office supplies, and keeps toiletries together in a suitcase.

The best thing about them is they are free, and recyclable!

Now, can you think of more things to use them for?

Poor But Proud!

Source: Just using my head for more than a place to hang my hat!

By Poor But Proud from Salem OR

Just be really careful when re-using these containers. Poultry is really contaminated and most experts recommend that you not re-use these containers, because even with washing them, they may not be as clean as you think. I believe in recycling and re-using, but my family's health is not worth saving a few pennies by using these containers.

As an artist/crafter they are terrific to hold paint, use to wash out paint brushes, hold under an item that you are adding glitter to to save the extra for reuse, lay things across the top to dry, plus organizing all those small bits that we collect. Best of all they can be reused over and over

I wouldn't reuse these for any type of edibles because of the contamination. Even after bleaching them, I'm still not sure. But there are so many other uses for them!

Unfortunately the stores around me have stopped using these and have gone to the styrofoam trays. I miss the white plastic ones.

My daughter rescues stray cats and they are housed in crates until homes can be found for them. She uses these trays for litter boxes in the crates.

I just did something last night! I had some pork chops that came in one of these containers and I wanted to marinate them, so I pulled that "plastic pad" that was underneath, put the chops back in the container, added marinade and waited for the grill to be ready! Love your other ideas, too!

I would not reuse for food. My son is a butcher and I have learned a lot from him.

I use mine in the refrigerator to put onions in. The mess from the onion skins can be dumped out easily.