Negotiate For Lower Medical Treatments

It's a fact that non-insured patients pay more than insured ones, because insurance companies can negotiate for lower group prices. If you find yourself between insurance, or without insurance, try to negotiate for a cash-paying rate and pay upfront for a medical procedure, if you are able. That way you can save a lot on the overage(s). It's all business, and you would be surprised at what is subject to negotiation!

By Pamphyila from Los Angeles

I work for an ambulance company and we will also negotiate the balance for those without insurance. We offer up to a 15% discount on the total balance due. If you have to make monthly payments, we will also freeze the interest and late fees. So make sure you always ask for this option.

This only worked for me with dental md's- the answer was that it would be less expensive if I paid cash vs putting it on a credit card.

Saved something like $400 off both of my kid's dental braces.

I have read that if you don't have medical insurance, pay 60% of the bill, mail it with a note explaining that you have no medical insurance and to please accept this as a full payment. I tried it and it was accepted as full payment. It never hurts to try.

Health & Beauty AdviceJune 4, 2007
Elderly Couple Paying Medical Bills
Paying Medical Bills When on Medicare
Woman scratching her dry scalp.
Homemade Dry Scalp Treatments
Rice in a cast iron pan.
Cooking Rice at High Altitudes
Beautiful drapes.
Saving Money on Drapes, Blinds and Window Treatments
🎄