Play Doh Stain on Carpet

My grandson stuck Play Doh behind the computer desk and it dried and stuck in the carpet. How do you get Play Doh out of the carpet?

By Bestchase from Grapevine, TX

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

My granddaughter has done the same thing before. I just snipped it out with a pair of scissors.

May 5, 2009 Flag

How can I remove dried Play Doh from carpet? It is flattened into the carpet and I can't pull it off.

Grandma B from Coshocton, OH

Answers:

Play Doh Stain on Carpet

I got this information from Hasbro's website. Hope it works!

When attempting to remove PLAY-DOH compound do NOT use hot water or cleaning solutions of any kind.
To remove PLAY-DOH compound from carpets or fabrics, allow it to dry completely, then loosen with a stiff brush. It may be necessary to vacuum clean or also wash with gentle soap and cold water. You may need to repeat the process in order to completely remove the PLAY-DOH compound.

(10/29/2005)

By Chandelle

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Home and Garden Cleaning CarpetMay 5, 2009
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Coffee Stain on Carpet
Removing a Coffee Stain from Carpet
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty from Carpet
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 16, 2017 at 7:39:53 AM on 10.0.2.240 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.