Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Where Can I Get Free Stuff to Fill Reunion Goodie Bags?

I am planning a first time family reunion in Orlando, FL this August. I need ideas of where to write to, other than the local tourism bureau, for free fillers for attendee goodie bags.

Thanks.

By Linette from Houston, TX

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Linette [1]03/13/2011

Thanks, these are all great suggestions, I will follow up!

By foundmyzen03/12/2011

Check with your Chamber of Commerce. Sometimes they have items or they may be able to point you in a helpful direction.

By Joan [13]03/11/2011

If you know an Avon representative you might ask her/him if they could get you some demos of hand cream, body lotion, shower gel, etc. If you can't get them for free the rep. might give you a good deal on the stuff. Restaurants might have things like advertising magnets that they would give you. It might be a good idea to call the visitor's bureau and see if they have free maps of the area, with areas of interest marked on it. Check with a local girl scout group and see if they would make book markers for you, you might would have to furnish the supplies. I used to work for a non-profit and it was my job as fund raising approached to call different businesses and ask them to donate prizes various levels of competition. We found that the smaller locally owned businesses were much more eager to donate than the national chains. The national chains always gave us a phone number to call and we could never get hold of the person we had to speak to and they never called back. Depending on how many people you expect, a gas station might be willing to donate $2.00-$5.00 gift cards, knowing that the people would probably have to spend more than that to fill up. Convenience stores might be willing to donate candy bars or individual bags of chips. Banks or credit unions might donate pens of pencils with their name on it. All you can do is call around and ask. It might be harder to get freebies for a family reunion than a non-profit fundraiser, because for these fundraisers there are usually big name golfers or whatever the occasion calls for present. You can get many various inexpensive favor type things, candy, etc. from orientaltradingcompany.com It is mainly trinkets, etc., but they would work. I would use the smallest size bags you can find.