Citrus and Floral Homemade Soap
I made these for an upcoming bridal tea party shower for the guests' goodie bags.
Total Time: 2 hours
- 1 pkg. glycerin soap with shea butter
- citrus soap scent
- dried flower petals
- soap colors
- lace trim
- wooden skewers
- soap molds
- Cut the soap into cubes (these are usually already segmented into cubes). Place 2 or 3 cubes into a jar. Put 2 or 3 cubes into a second jar if a second color is desired.
- Heat jars of cubes, one at a time, in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Add 6 to 8 drops of scent to each jar. Add a few drops of your desired colors to each jar, and then add dried, crushed flower petals. Stir with a wooden stick until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into soap molds. This is where you can get creative. You can pour half of one color and let set for a couple of minutes and then pour the other color on top. You can swirl the two colors together. You can also add more dried flowers to the top.
- Let the soap set in the molds for 40 minutes. Using a rubber spatula, loosen the soap from the mold.
- Decorate with lace trim and sticker labels.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.