Homemade Musical Stands And Containers

You can use household objects for other purposes. I keep one set of my recorders in a padded ex-chocolate box, put the keyboard on a folding wooden tray table, and use a wooden folding plant stand/stool as a harp stool. Oh, and I make swabs for my recorders with wooden chopsticks with strips of old hankies stapled to them! (when they are inside out). Thinking about whether I can make a recorder stand out of the stand stacks that blank CD's come on. I'll let you know.

By pamphyila from Los Angeles

I love the idea of using chopsticks as swabs - I always manage to end up with extra disposable sets, and they're just the right size for a flute, too!

I just tried the DVD-case recorder stand idea, but sadly, the stick in the middle is just too thick. Maybe if you cut it down to half- or quarter-thickness with a knife? One of the taller ones might work for a flute, but I'm not sure - I think it would be top-heavy. Will have to try that later.

Any suggestions for a music stand?

For a music stand: open your case on a tabletop. Place your music where the instrument normally is, propped up by the top of the case. Also, you can use a large tabletop picture frame the same way.

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 22, 2007
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Uses for Lipstick Containers
Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Uses for Disinfectant Wipe Containers
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
Reusing Frozen Juice Containers
Uses for Plastic Dog Food Containers
🎄