Recycle Powdered Makeup

Since the face powder in compacts can fall apart or else you use the middle and have the sides left, here's a way to "recycle" it! Take the pressed powder from compacts and crush or break up the remaining pieces. Add a small amount of rubbing alcohol and mix it to form a paste. Form into a round flat shape. As the alcohol dries, a solid cake forms again. The drying time is several hours but it will only take a few minutes to mix. This works for blush and eye shadow too.

By momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC

I pop it in the blender, wait for the dust to settle, and put it in a loose powder container.

rubbing alcohol is absorbed through the skin. as little as 20ml is fatal.

I just crush it up in a small container and use it as loose face powder. The same can be done to blush. This is a great way to use those 'leftovers' that just seem to sit in your drawer. The really neat thing is, you can custom mix shades to fit your complexion. If you bought a shade that's too dark, just mix it with one that's a little light. I add a green tinted powder to mine to offset my rosiness. If a blush is too dark for your skin type, just add some loose face powder to lighten it up. If you have several that are too light, just add a darker color, or a bronzer.

To Susanmajp: I like the green tinted powder addition idea.

Which brand and what are the percentages of green to the rest of the powder?

I've tried the green tinted cover sticks and they don't work for me - have you tried any you like?

I had no idea about this & LOVE this tip! Thanks!

And 20ml is quite a bit, isn't it? Like a small size of roll-on perfume oil, so I assume in order for it to be fatal, it would have to be absorbed all at once...(?)

Instead of using alcohol, I just crushed up the powder with a little bit of water. Put it back in the compact, flatten it out, and leave it open so it can completely dry out. Works great!

Health & Beauty Beauty Make Up Tips TipsAugust 17, 2007
Powdered Milk
Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipes
A sugar mill making powdered sugar.
How to Make Confectioners (Powdered) Sugar
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
Powdered Tempera Paint
Mixing Powdered Tempera Paint