Keep Baby Socks Together in the Wash

After having a baby, I quickly learned how easily baby socks can get lost in the wash. Even if my son's tiny socks made it through the full laundry cycle, I was finding myself spending considerable time matching the socks with their mates. That's when it occurred to me! I saw a safety pin sitting on my table and decided to try safety pinning the socks together before they got thrown into the dirty laundry!

This has proven to be the best time saving trick I've ever implemented! So much so that I have even started safety pinning my own socks before they go into the wash! I highly recommend you give this one a try - you won't regret it and will quickly realize how much time you were unnecessarily spending matching socks.

By brsimons from Milwaukee, WI

Nice to see someone else does this! I started pinning my own socks together a while back because I was tired of losing the matching sock. It is indeed a time saver!

Won't the safety pins rust at all? I wouldn't want my socks to get rust stains. Do they make plastic safety pins?

Such a happy looking baby! How adorable!

I use the lingerie wash bags to keep baby socks together. I keep it near the wash machine and when I sort socks, just stuff the little ones in there. It goes from wash to dryer in one step and they stay together.

Best thing, you can buy those bags at the dollar store and reuse them for other things when the socks are bigger.

I use lingerie bags for everything, but I have to tell you your baby put a smile on my face! How cute!

Pairs of Baby Socks on a Clothesline
Keeping Baby Socks Together in the Wash
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryDecember 6, 2010
Craft Ideas for Socks
Craft Ideas for Socks
A picture of a pair of socks.
Organizing Socks
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🎉
🎄