Getting Rid of Melesma

I am 29 years male. I don't remember my face without melesma (black/brown patches). I have showed it to dermatologists, but no medicine, multivitamins, or sunscreen of any SPF seem to be working. I am staying out of the sun, it keeps getting worse. Can anybody advise please? I already know a lot about it, the causes the cures but nothing has worked yet. I am waiting for advice that can bring this miracle or change in my life.

By Fathan from Pakistan

Go to and type in melesma. Many people have had success using plain old (not hot, creamy-style) horseradish applied to face for several minutes, then rinse, twice a day. They say results are fast. Good luck.

I know laser would take it off.

For some reason I feel the spelling of that is wrong.

Regardless, you might try searching's website because I also believe he had something about that one time. I have had it and used Esoterica Skin bleaching cream applying meticulously w/ Q-tips Just to the darker areas, which takes time, but worked for me. after diligent twice a day applications for several months.

It never came back. However, if the darker areas are VERY dark, it could take a year and a lot of work.

You will have to be the judge. Try only one place at first and see how long it takes to begin the fading.

Don't be tempted to try a cheaper brand because it makes it worse and uses a different base for the cream and chemical. It isn't cheap, but I had not luck with a skin specialist which would have charged MUCH higher.

Laser may/may not remove it. It's very thin, not like a flat mole, so it's harder to imagine them being evenly removed. I'd at least try the bleaching cream first and just be patient. It dries reasonably fast and can discolor with time if you get it on any clothing or linens before well dry. Unlike moles, it doesn't seem to spread easily, but always have clean hands when working with any skin problem. Good luck and God bless and help you. : )

And have you seen a dermatologist for this?

Health & Beauty Beauty Skin Care AdviceApril 27, 2009
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
iTunes icon on a phone
Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants