Finding a Gift for Husband

What can I buy for a 59 year old man that isn't interested in sports of any kind? And he has too many clothes now. This man is my husband!

Deb816 from Hampton, Tenn

The same here, except he's 65.

My ideas are:

Music-tapes/CD's for car or home

Videos/DVD's of movies starring someone he likes(John Wayne?) or of TV series he has liked to watch

Cassettes/CD's of old radio shows he may have listened to as a child

Gift cards for the hardware store,Home Depot etc.

Restaurant gift cards( he has to eat) or steaks or other food he likes by mail

Humorous desk calendar

I think you should get him something easy like chocolate. If he shaves get him a good shaver. Other than that do what jean said to do!

My husband likes books and tools. However, for the past 8-10 years we have gone in together and bought "each other" a joint gift. Two years ago we got new living room furniture. One year we got a new front load washer/dryer set. Not very romantic you may say but when you don't need or want another nightie that you don't wear or another screwdriver but you DO want new furniture it works out!

Thanks for all the neat ideas, I loved them and is A big relief to have gift ideas! THANKS VERY MUCH TO EACH OF YOU. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL.

DEB816

What about an EXPERIENCE, such as a visit to a new Theme Park or the theatre, something that he is interested in? Or a new, interesting restaurant? Or a weekend away to a romantic, peaceful place to recharge yourselves?

I use to get my husband a subscription to his favorite magazines.... National Geographic was his favorite.

How about an American flag with pole for the yard. This is all I wanted last Christmas an have no regrets. Everyone just loves and admires it when passing by our home. My husband also put a spot light on it for me. It is just beautiful!

Edibles, like a pie you made!

Does he have a nice watch? Or need a new wallet? Does he like to read, you could get him a gift certificate for books. Does he garden? You could get him something garden related. Or if you have the money, maybe a big screen TV if he enjoys watching TV. They are not very expensive anymore.

Or maybe a gift certificate for the two of you to go someplace you enjoy, the ocean, the mountains,a resort?

If you don't have a digital camera, it would make a great gift for both of you. I have the Kodak Easy Share, and is so easy to use. We love developing only the pictures we want, as many as we want. If you travel, an electric cooler is very nice to have, Plugs in the cigarette lighter in the car. How about a LED flashlight. So handy to have. A first aid or emergency kit for the car may be a welcome gift also.

For a year, I wrote down the names of songs that my husband said he loved when they would come on the radio in the car. I burned them on a cd and gave it to him for Christmas. I didn't list the songs on it or anything, so it was great to see his face light up every time a song came on. He had no idea what it would be. He thanked me for putting so much thought into this gift.

Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceNovember 15, 2007
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift wrapped for Father's Day.
Father's Day Gift Ideas
🎄
🍂