Preventing Static Cling in Clothing

Static cling can be a nuisance especially when there is low humidity. This guide is about preventing static cling in clothing.

March 21, 2011 Flag

Here's a tip for all those ladies that have problems with static cling, especially in the winter time. If you use softener in your washer and dryer and still have static cling, take a small safety pin and pin it to the outside of your slip. It will remove all static cling. I have done this for years now winter and summer, and it does work. What's worse than static cling on a Sunday morning church service?

By cassie from Paragould, AR

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Rub a wire coat hanger, those kind you get from the dry cleaner over your clothes. Works for me.

April 4, 2012 Flag

Rub a small amount of lotion onto your hands then rub your palms over your pantyhose or slip. This works, I do it all the time. There is nothing more aggravating than static cling. Lotion is usually something you have in your purse so if you forget before you leave the house you can do it at work.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I get static hair in the winter and use lotion to help. Rub the lotion over your hands and when there is just a little left run your hands though your hair.

November 5, 2010 Flag

With cold weather here, static cling can be a problem. To keep socks, dresses, or even some slacks from clinging to you, lightly rub your legs with fabric softener sheet. That should eliminate the problem.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 28, 2008 Flag

For static cling, I put a wad of tin foil in the dryer. It seems to help. Also, don't dry to bone dry. Leave damp and hang to finish.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 3, 2009 Flag

I love my dryer balls but they don't always get rid of ALL the static. So I buy the cheapest fabric softener sheets I can find, and cut them in half.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 18, 2013 Flag

The natural way to fix static cling is to pin a small safety pin to the seam of the slip you are wearing. It acts like a grounding device. It eliminates the static cling in your dress.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 31, 2009 Flag

I get shocked on everything I touch at work and it hurts. What do I need to do?

Shavonne

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Nylon carpets do that, it's annoying I know. When you approach something you know will shock, hit it with a downward smack of your hand so the shock is not felt. Smack it like you would a dusty cushion.

We have the same problem in our home but it happens where there's no carpet. It don't happen all the time, don't know why, good luck.

November 5, 2010 Flag

Ever get to work and have your pant leg sticking to your panty hose? Or your skirt clinging to your panty hose? Keep one fabric softener sheet in your car and one in your desk to eliminate that extremely annoying problem. Gently glide the sheet down your panty hose and the static cling goes away. Much cheaper and easier to store than a can of Static Cling.

By Wendy from Jacksonville, FL

Answers:

Rub Softener Sheet For Static Cling Problems

You can also rub lotion on your legs to eliminate static cling. (03/31/2008)

By Marylin

Long, long ago, one of my boys brought home a list of helpful hints from first grade as a Mother's Day gift. One of the hints was to use a wire coat hanger and run it down your clothing to remove the static. It does work!
(03/31/2008)

By judy

It's easy to keep a fabric softener sheet in your pocketbook. Also works on fly-away hair if you are prone to that. (04/01/2008)

By Beth

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 28, 2008 Flag

Crumple up a piece of aluminum foil and put it in the dryer with your wet clothes. This will prevent static cling!

By Kelley

Answers:

Aluminum Foil To Prevent Static Cling

What a cool idea! I'm definitely going to give this a try. (10/04/2004)

By Jean

Aluminum Foil To Prevent Static Cling

Can you keep reusing the same piece of aluminum foil?

Heather (10/05/2004)

By plantgirl848

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsApril 22, 2012
Man With Fresh Stain on Shirt
Preventing Stains on Clothing
Remedies for Static Hair
Remedies for Static Hair
Static Electricity
Preventing Static Electricity
Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 25, 2017 at 5:42:34 AM on 10.0.1.80 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.