Preventing Static Cling in Clothing

Static cling can be a nuisance especially when there is low humidity. This guide is about preventing static cling in clothing.

Filter Sort

Tip: Preventing Static Cling

By Cassie 20 60

Here's a tip for all those ladies that have problems with static cling, especially in the winter time. If you use softener in your washer and dryer and still have static cling, take a small safety pin and pin it to the outside of your slip. It will remove all static cling. I have done this for years now winter and summer, and it does work. What's worse than static cling on a Sunday morning church service?

By cassie from Paragould, AR

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Stop Static Cling With Hand Lotion

By coville123 326 89

Rub a small amount of lotion onto your hands then rub your palms over your pantyhose or slip. This works, I do it all the time. There is nothing more aggravating than static cling. Lotion is usually something you have in your purse so if you forget before you leave the house you can do it at work.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Fabric Softener Sheet For Static Cling

By dorothy wedenoja 170 111

With cold weather here, static cling can be a problem. To keep socks, dresses, or even some slacks from clinging to you, lightly rub your legs with fabric softener sheet. That should eliminate the problem.

By dwedenoja from New Creek, WV

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Aluminum Foil To Prevent Static Cling

For static cling, I put a wad of tin foil in the dryer. It seems to help. Also, don't dry to bone dry. Leave damp and hang to finish. That system also prevents a lot of wrinkles so no need for fabric wrinkle releaser. It seems that a lot of store products create the need then meet it. Prevention is a key.

By Stephanie from Connecticut

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Use Both Dryer Ball and Dryer Sheet

By Mary 10 67

I love my dryer balls for softness and the fact that unlike fabric softeners, they don't coat the towels and make them less absorbent. But they don't always get rid of ALL the static. So I buy the cheapest fabric softener sheets I can find, and cut them in half. The balls take care of the softness, and the one strip is usually enough to handle the static.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Question: Static Electricity Shock

I get shocked on everything I touch at work and it hurts. What do I need to do?

Shavonne

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Most Recent Answer

By kathleen williams 76 1,661 Flag

We have the same problem in our home but it happens where there's no carpet. It don't happen all the time, don't know why, good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Tip: Safety Pin to Eliminate Static Cling

By Robyn 376 753

The natural way to fix static cling is to pin a small safety pin to the seam of the slip you are wearing. It acts like a grounding device. It eliminates the static cling in your dress. If you wear slacks, then place the safety pin in the seam of your slacks, to keep static off of your panty hose when wearing them under slacks.

I just found this out from the internet.

CommentWas this helpful? Yes

Archive: Aluminum Foil To Prevent Static Cling

Crumple up a piece of aluminum foil and put it in the dryer with your wet clothes. This will prevent static cling!

By Kelley

Feedback:

RE: Aluminum Foil To Prevent Static Cling

What a cool idea! I'm definitely going to give this a try. (10/04/2004)

By Jean

Can you keep reusing the same piece of aluminum foil?

Heather (10/05/2004)

By plantgirl848

Archive: Rub Softener Sheet For Static Cling Problems

Ever get to work and have your pant leg sticking to your panty hose? Or your skirt clinging to your panty hose? Keep one fabric softener sheet in your car and one in your desk to eliminate that extremely annoying problem. Gently glide the sheet down your panty hose and the static cling goes away. Much cheaper and easier to store than a can of Static Cling.

By Wendy from Jacksonville, FL

Feedback:

RE: Rub Softener Sheet For Static Cling Problems

You can also rub lotion on your legs to eliminate static cling. (03/31/2008)

By Marylin

Long, long ago, one of my boys brought home a list of helpful hints from first grade as a Mother's Day gift. One of the hints was to use a wire coat hanger and run it down your clothing to remove the static. It does work!
    (03/31/2008)

By judy

It's easy to keep a fabric softener sheet in your pocketbook. Also works on fly-away hair if you are prone to that. (04/01/2008)

By Beth

Consumer Advice Clothing TipsApril 22, 2012
    ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
    Front of a wrinkled shirt.
    Preventing Wrinkled Clothing
    Man With Fresh Stain on Shirt
    Preventing Stains on Clothing
    Remedies for Static Hair
    Remedies for Static Hair
    Thief Breaking into Car
    Preventing Auto Theft
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 11:41:52 AM on 10.0.2.123 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

All ArticlesSolutionsQuestionsArchives
    NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulMost AnswersFewest AnswersBest AnswersRelevance
    Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
    BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
    CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings