Ask for What You Are Looking for at Garage Sales

When you are looking for something in particular at yard sales and don't see it, just ask. I have found that sellers are "motivated to sell" once they have started and will sometimes go into the house and bring out the item you are looking for. My mother even asked if a plant was for sale and the owner chose to sell it.

By DebraDee from Marion, NC

Great idea, I'm new to the site and haven't even done much with yard this point, I'm strictly a buyer, not a seller, and this is a good tip! Thanks!

I have done this. I was looking for a computer chair at yard sales, looked around and didn't see any, so at the last one, I just asked. Her husband went in the house and sold me the one he had for $10.00. Sometimes it's something that they never thought of putting out.

I totally agree with you. We have done many garage sales and had many sales. You are right on.

A woman putting a balloon on a garage sale sign.
Garage Sale Tips and Tricks
Garage Sales Buying TipsAugust 27, 2008
A table full of items for sale at a garage sale.
Finding Garage Sales
Garage Sales
Shopping at Garage Sales
A woman taking a photo of a vase to post it on eBay.
eBay vs. Garage Sales
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor