Beautiful Fall Leaves

I was volunteering on Fort Eustis base in Yorktown, VA where I am staying. While walking between buildings, I spotted this wonderful little leaf. It seems to scream "I am still green inside!"

The colors are amazing, and the center is almost perfectly symmetric, but as nature would have it, not quite. I rather like it better this way. I thought you might all enjoy this wonderful little "ode to late summer".

By Poor But Proud from Yorktown, VA

A beautiful leaf! I heard it's screaming "I'm shrinking, I'm shrinking!" ;)

I found a similar leaf of a maple tree a few years back and put it on my bulletin board to enjoy and it lasted a long time. Some say if you put it between waxed paper after it has dried it will last even longer. I've not tried it. Thanks for sharing your part of the world with us. Happy fall!

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. We don't see many leaves like that in sunny south Texas.

October 1, 2009 Flag

Just some pictures I took of fall in this area. It's such a beautiful area when the leaves are changing.

By Sherry from Silverdale, WA

Beautiful Fall Leaves

Those pictures are breathtaking! I would dearly love to be able to go out and see those trees personally! You can tell that you got a lot of rain in your area. Here in the South, we are dreadfully dry, and the leaves are just turning an ugly brown before falling off. In fact, the leaves started falling off much earlier than usual. Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous sight, and God bless you! (11/08/2007)

By tedsmom

Beautiful Fall Leaves

I live in Ohio and yes - the leaves are breathtaking. I always feel my photos can't do them justice. Every corner you turn, the sun is shining on the trees against a blue sky, it almost stops you in your tracks! Thanks for sharing your pix - let's continue to enjoy "our" beautiful trees! (11/08/2007)

By nardog

colorful maple leaves
Autumn Leaves Photos
Photos SceneryOctober 1, 2009
beautiful colorful fall maple leaves
Photos of Fall Leaves
Fall Leaves on White Background
Decorating with Fall Leaves
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves
Trumpet Vine Losing Leaves