Easy Crocheted Easter Basket
With the help of a pre-made crocheted doily, you can have a nice Easter egg basket decoration!
Approximate Time: 2-3 hours
- 4 inch crochet doily pre-made
- hook size E
- pastel crochet thread
- Dollar Tree eggs
- hot glue gun
- scrap ribbon
- Take the commercial doily and place hook anywhere in the edge.
- Chain 3 and make two more double crochets in the same stitch. Do not make any stitches between the 3 double crochet clusters. Make another one in the next space, and keep doing this around.
- Join, and make a chain of 6, slip stitching into the center of each of the 3 cluster below all around and joining, binding off.
- With the same or different color of thread, chain 70. Using the end 6 stitches to make a chain 4 and chain 2 base for the handle. Make a double crochet in the 6th chain from the base and hook. Chain 2 and make another double crochet in the 2nd chain from the other double crochet, back to the beginning.
- This gives you a handle that you can weave a ribbon through. With your choice of ribbon, weave it under and over the length of the handle, securing the ends with hot glue.
- Turn over the basket, and glue the ends of each handle to the bottom of the basket. Then, hot glue at the place where the handle and the edge of the basket doily meet.
- Put your eggs on the basket and hot glue them to the base and to each other. Once you get enough on, glue the edge of the basket to the closest one of the eggs. This will keep the edges up and give your decoration a nice firm feel and look.
By Sandi from Yorktown, VA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 29, 2016 at 3:21:44 AM on 10.0.0.75 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us