Introducing a Dog to a Baby

I have this wonderful and beautiful German Shepard Lab mix. I am trying to find out how well they get along with babies. Sandy is a wonderful dog and gets along with my 8 year old cousin. I'm pregnant and need to know if she will get along with the baby.

By Roxanna from Mesa, AZ

I would start now by introducing her to the smells of baby items first. For instance, the shampoo, baby oil, gentle laundry detergent, etc. You could even borrow items from a freind with a little one.

Your dog will also need to become used to the sounds and movements of a baby. Some dog training facilities also have classes for people preparing to bring home a new baby. Best wishes with your new little family.

I'm so very glad that you're looking for ways to get her used to having a baby around instead of getting "rid of her" bless you for that. Are you going to have the baby in a hospital? If so, when the baby gets here, have somebody take a blanket from the baby home so that your dog will have it with her, smell it, etc. I hope you keep us posted on your growing family. good luck

Pets Dogs AdviceJanuary 21, 2010
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Rescued Dog
Introducing a Rescued Dog to Resident Pets
Two cats being introduced to one another.
Tips for Introducing Cats
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 26, 2017 at 1:54:34 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.