Reusing Frozen Juice Containers

Category Reusing
Frozen Juice Containers on White Background
If you find a use for those frozen juice concentrate containers, they don't end up in the landfill. This guide is about reusing frozen juice containers.

Langer's Juice now makes orange Juice concentrate in a plastic container with a screw on cap. I am refilling the empty ones with water or juice and freezing them for my baby's bottle bag, or lunch bags. They fit easily (almost 12 oz) and you are able to drink out of them while the juice/water melts. Also I am thinking of using them for small craft items and office supplies.

By Kelly from Willamina, OR

great idea, never thought of that, thank-you, now i know the possibilities are endless for recycling these, another idea, barbie accessories, (shoes, etc.)

I have heard from several sources that freezing water in plastic bottles has been found to release toxins into the water as it melts. This can lead to cancer. I used to freeze water bottles all the time so that I could take them with me while running errands and always have cold water--but no more!

Becky Thankyou for telling us this. Having read the tip that an empty-ish freezer uses more electric Ive just filled some large empty plastic milk containers with water & stashed in freezer..also with intention of using when the water supply is next off.

Cheers , now I know not to. Much appreciated

I got that study in my RealAge tips newsletter....I use it once for freezing, then recycle them or use them for non-ingestive uses (like storing items). I figure if it is an emergency, I'd rather take my chances!

Keep those UHT milk and juice containers. Fill them 3/4 full with water and keep in the freezer, that way you will always have an icepak available to keep drinks/food cold when you go on picnics, etc. It can also double up as a cold drink in an emergency.

By Kay R.

Hi Kay. What a great idea! Isnt this a great site?

I've done this for years. It also helped keep my freezer cold during power outages from Hurricane Ike and I didn't lose anything in the freezer.

The container itself makes a great pen holder, it even can hold pair of scissors. The lid can be used as a picture magnet. Take a photo, cut it to fit the lid, glue a magnet on the back and stick it to the fridge.

By Dawn from Studio City, CA