Making Afghans with the Knifty Knitter

I just got a Knifty Knitter round loom set on Saturday, and so far, I've made 2 hats. I'm going to attempt to make a scarf. Is there a way to make an easy afghan with the round loom set? I've been searching all over the internet and I can't find a pattern. I need something simple.

By bethsunshine

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

The easiest way is to make a few strips all the same length and sew or crochet them together. If you can make a scarf you can make an afghan. An afghan is just a bunch of scarves (strips) sewn or crocheted together. On a piece of paper I keep a record of how many rows are in a finished strip and how many rows I've worked in the current strip. I have a friend who alternates colors every other row to make counting easier. In that case you don't have to cut the yarn every couple of rows, just carry it up the side of the strip. When you put the strips together, the yarn carried up the side can be hidden in the seam. Have fun making your afghan.

Also check the web site of the manufacturer of your knifty knitter. They may have free patterns.

Join this Yahoo group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Knifty_Knitter_Loom_Knitting_Group/ they have all kinds of good ideas

Answer

I am looking for information about making afghans with the Knifty Knitter.

Shirley from Warren, MI

Answers:

Making Afghans with the Knifty Knitter

Use the yellow knifty knitter and use all but one peg. Knit around to the end (remember you are not using the last peg), then skip the peg you just did and start wrapping back. Continue to make as large as you like. You can make small pieces or one large one. Then to make the afghan lay the pieces together and whip stitch. A great site for mini-clips of the different stitches is www.dalooms.com. Happy knitting. (05/16/2006)

By Marlene

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Crafts KnittingAugust 10, 2009
Knifty Knitter Loom
Making a Blanket With a Knifty Knitter
long loom
Using a Knifty Knitter Long Loom
Knifty Knitters
Making a Pot Holder With a Knifty Knitter
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 20, 2016 at 6:02:50 AM on 10.0.2.182 in 587 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.