Baby Powder For Sandy Kids

contest winner icon

This tip is great for this time of year, when people are going to the beach. Bring baby powder for the kids (and self). When you are ready to go home, sprinkle it on feet or wherever sand is stuck to them. Gently wipe off with a towel. The sand comes off and it doesn't scratch their skin. It works, and it smells so good! No more sandy feet in the car!

Source: My daughter, Donna, gave me this tip.

By Dorothy W. from New Creek, WV

I actually saw something similiar in a Kid's catalog i receive. It had for sale for $7.95 a square piece of fabric filled with baby powder or cornstarch. Says it could be refilled with baby powder. I thought to myself-why not sew a washcloth closed on 3 sides,fill with baby powder,sew up the end and save $7.95! Thanks for the tip. I hate feeling gritty sand on me.

I'll definitely have to try this on my little girl and myself. :)

I like this and wish I had known it years before! Thanks!

Baby Powder for Sandy Kids
Parenting Summer FunJuly 30, 2011
Sandy feet on a towel at the beach.
Cleaning Sand Off Skin
Decorations and food on a table at a baby shower.
Baby Shower Ideas
Two bare feet.
Homemade Foot Powder
People attending a baby shower.
Saving Money on a Baby Shower