Browsing: Uses for Dish Towels

Quick Tea Towel Angels

Cindy Bailey

I needed some inexpensive, but thoughtful gifts for a number of people who have been helping me with my small business this year. I was able to pick up packs of Christmas towels and matching hot pads for $5. Each pack makes two angels and you have an oven mitt left over. Makes a nice teacher gift for a lady.

Time To Make: About 10 minutes.
Level Of Difficulty: Easy enough for a grade schooler.
Cost: $2.50

Materials:

• 1 tea towel
  • 1 dish cloth
  • 1 square hot pad
  • coordinating ribbon
  • Optional: holly sprig, wired tinsel, gift bag, fiberfill

Instructions:

1. For body and head, fold tea towel into thirds lengthwise. Fold in half again lengthwise. Now fold in the opposite direction. (Refer to photo of finished project).
  2. Tea towels and hot pot pad.

3. Tie a ribbon about 3 inches down from fold to make angel's head.
  4. For arms, fold dish cloth in thirds. Roll up and tie ends with ribbon about an inch from each end.
  5. For wings, bunch hot pad up tightly in the middle. Tie with ribbon.
  6. Tie arms to body. Tie wings to the back of the project as shown.
  7. Optional: you may tie the hands together "in prayer" with a holly sprig. Also a halo of wired tinsel, etc. may be placed on her head.
  8. You may present her in "clouds" by placing her in a small gift bag and placing fiberfill in the top of the bag instead of tissue paper.
  9. tea towel angel

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

Editor's Note: Although these are made in Christmas patterns, these could be made with other styles of towels and hot pads for anytime of year.

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Great idea. I love angel themed gifts and this is really cute. Thanks for sharing.

artistmp AT cfl.rr.com

My Website: http://marilynart.hostingisfree.com/

Ebay: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/marilynart/

Picturetrail Album: http://www.picturetrail.com/marilynart

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

RE The Editor's Note: I absolutely agree! I sent this in during the Christmas holidays, but was thinking how cute it would be for bridal showers. You could use them as prizes for games. Make them in the wedding colors, of course! You can use wash cloths and hand towels. Use the wash cloths for the arms and the wings. Cindy

I made a couple of these a few years ago for my mom and my secret sister, they still have them displayed in there kitchens and love them.

I love this idea! I always need towels and think this would be a great gift to give or receive. Can't wait for Mother's Day now that I have the idea!

what can i say that hasn't been said..........?

i love them

Another thoughtful and cheap gift is a few scratchie tickets. They are as little as $1 each and you never know your (well, your client's) luck!

SWEET!!

I love this idea. Thanks. I haven't seen 'dishcloths' in Oz. Would you give me the size of the dishcloth used in this please?

Cheers, Wendy

Red Brown and Red gingham dish towels
Uses for Dish Towels
Crafts GiftsJanuary 16, 2007
A beach towel wedding cake.
Making a Towel Wedding Cake
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Towel Holder
Making a Kitchen Towel Holder
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 30, 2016 at 10:10:47 PM on 10.0.1.220 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.