Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Quick Tea Towel Angels

Pin It

I needed some inexpensive, but thoughtful gifts for a number of people who have been helping me with my small business this year. I was able to pick up packs of Christmas towels and matching hot pads for $5. Each pack makes two angels and you have an oven mitt left over. Makes a nice teacher gift for a lady.

Time To Make: About 10 minutes.
Level Of Difficulty: Easy enough for a grade schooler.
Cost: $2.50

Materials:

• 1 tea towel
  • 1 dish cloth
  • 1 square hot pad
  • coordinating ribbon
  • Optional: holly sprig, wired tinsel, gift bag, fiberfill

Instructions:

1. For body and head, fold tea towel into thirds lengthwise. Fold in half again lengthwise. Now fold in the opposite direction. (Refer to photo of finished project).
  2. Tea towels and hot pot pad.

3. Tie a ribbon about 3 inches down from fold to make angel's head.
  4. For arms, fold dish cloth in thirds. Roll up and tie ends with ribbon about an inch from each end.
  5. For wings, bunch hot pad up tightly in the middle. Tie with ribbon.
  6. Tie arms to body. Tie wings to the back of the project as shown.
  7. Optional: you may tie the hands together "in prayer" with a holly sprig. Also a halo of wired tinsel, etc. may be placed on her head.
  8. You may present her in "clouds" by placing her in a small gift bag and placing fiberfill in the top of the bag instead of tissue paper.
  9. tea towel angel

By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA

Editor's Note: Although these are made in Christmas patterns, these could be made with other styles of towels and hot pads for anytime of year.

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Wendy from Oz (Guest Post)01/25/2008

I love this idea. Thanks. I haven't seen 'dishcloths' in Oz. Would you give me the size of the dishcloth used in this please?
    Cheers, Wendy

By lynda [12]01/20/2007

SWEET!!

By Cathy (Guest Post)01/19/2007

Another thoughtful and cheap gift is a few scratchie tickets. They are as little as $1 each and you never know your (well, your client's) luck!

By suzanne [240]01/17/2007

what can i say that hasn't been said..........?
    i love them

By Paula [14]01/16/2007

I love this idea! I always need towels and think this would be a great gift to give or receive. Can't wait for Mother's Day now that I have the idea!

By christi [66]01/16/2007

I made a couple of these a few years ago for my mom and my secret sister, they still have them displayed in there kitchens and love them.

By Cindy Bailey (Guest Post)01/16/2007

RE The Editor's Note: I absolutely agree! I sent this in during the Christmas holidays, but was thinking how cute it would be for bridal showers. You could use them as prizes for games. Make them in the wedding colors, of course! You can use wash cloths and hand towels. Use the wash cloths for the arms and the wings. Cindy

By Marilyn in Florida (Guest Post)01/16/2007

Great idea. I love angel themed gifts and this is really cute. Thanks for sharing.
    artistmp AT cfl.rr.com

My Website: http://marilynart.hostingisfree.com/

Ebay: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/marilynart/

Picturetrail Album: http://www.picturetrail.com/marilynart

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.