Buying New Foam for Cushions

By Robin M 2

Any idea where to get new foam for sofa cushions? I found a site online where you can measure your own cushions and send away for the foam, but measuring myself makes me REALLY nervous, especially since I have 5 cushions to replace and the price is $75-$100 per cushion - that seems really high. But the foam on this sofa just DID NOT hold up from us using it, and it's only 3 years old. BTW - no warranty left on the sofa.

Robin from Cincinnati, OH

Showing: Answers Sort

By Debra Vanderpool 35 Flag

Have you tried Hancock or an other fabric (sewing) store. Our local store sells several types of foam items. And if you have an old cushion most ot the staff are willing to help you. I'm sure they would measure the cushion for you. Or you might try calling local uphostery (?) places in your area and see if they would sell you foam. Again have them measure for you. Good Luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

You can go to Joannes' or just about any large fabric store, they should have foam; you may want to call ahead and see if they have the kind you need, you may be surprised to find they not only have it, but they can help you measure it etc.

GOOD LUCK!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

Do you have a Hancock's near you? It is a fabric store and the ones here carry the foam you describe. Good luck!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

If there is an upholsterer in your area you might be able to take the cushion covers there and have them cut and restuff the cushions for you. I was able to do this a few years ago, and it was not as expensive as if I had bought the foam and done it myself. These cushions held (are holding) up much better than the original.

Good luck to you.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Allison 21 158 Flag

I think Hancock Fabrics carries cushions like that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Gloria Hayes 19 96 Flag

Go to the nearest Salvation Army thrift store,yard sale,Goodwill,etc. until you find an old sofa with good sturdy cushions the same shape, size,as yours for 25 dollars or so,buy it, and rip it apart.

Re-cover the foam with giant lawn and leaf bags,and then your own cushion covers

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Home and Garden Repair Furniture SofasJuly 21, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Stamps and Colored Ink
Cleaning Foam Stamps
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Repairing Lumpy Couch Cushions
Couch Cushions Being Cleaning
Cleaning Cushions
Outdoor wicker style chairs with fabric covered seat cushions.
Recovering Outdoor Furniture Cushions
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:38:59 PM on 10.0.2.83 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings