Saving Small Recyclables for Recycle Day

I have this wonderful metal cart that I use for recycling. But, I also have plastic spoons and creamer cups that fall through the mesh. So I came up with this solution I wanted to share.

With some trusty duct tape, I secured a Ziploc bag to the inside of the sink cupboard. I then rinse and drop them in the bag and toss in a paper bag when it's full. I found it's a bit of a hassle to reach in and get them, so once this one is full, I am going to cut the bottom of the bag open, and reverse where the zipper is. Once it's on the bottom, it will be easier to just unzip it to empty.

I hope this helps.

By Sandi from Salem, OR

Editor's Note: Many curbside recycling programs do not yet accept small plastic materials, such as plastic cutlery and creamer cups. Check with your local guidelines or find an alternate location for recycling.

Valentine's Day Tips for Men, Man giving a heart shaped chocolate box and roses.
Valentine's Day Tips for Men
Felt covered bottle cap becomes Easter bonnet.
Craft Uses for Plastic Bottle Caps
Green Valentine's Day Ideas, heart shaped leaf
Being Single on Valentine's Day
Felt Recyclables for Toy Truck
Making Felt Recyclables for a Toy Truck