Recycled Crafts for Kids

Many of the recyclables in your home make great items for children to use in crafts. This is a guide about recycled crafts for kids.

My son still enjoys playing with trains. We used a tin can and some Snapple tea lids for the wheels. We found a cardboard box from some sticks of butter, toilet paper tube and used hot glue to fasten it together. Add a coat of silver spray paint and you are on the rails! We saved some cereal boxes and created a tunnel too.

By Wendy from Coopersburg, PA

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a paper toadstool. A very easy rainy day craft for young children, with materials on hand.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

I'm into crafting and have been saving a lot of cardboard tubes (from toilet paper sized, to paper towels, to even gift wrapping paper tubes). My question now is, what sorts of craft projects can I do with it? If possible, I would love ideas on decoupaging it somehow using Modge Podge!

By Crafty_Witch

Answers

Best Answer

Here is a link to a site that shows how to make wall art from toilet paper tubes: https://www.fac  pe=1&theater

I'd like to help my children make a recycled object that is both cute and takes little time. I want to use paper or cardboard. My boys are doing this project, so nothing frilly or pink. One son is in the 1st grade.

By Lynn

Answers

1. In my classroom they used odds & ends & they make forts to play their cowboys & Indians with. 2. Another is makin people or bugs out of what they find in the yard or on a walk. 3. Banauler (sorry don't know how 2 spell it) out of t.p. rolls. 4. Take either water bottles or pop bottles fill 1/2 with dirt then put the lids back on and get a ball. Now they you can bowling.

Almost all the things you are looking for are going to be on Pinterest. Join Pinterest (it's very easy) and put words in the search bar like "recycled craft." Hit search and just watch those hundreds of responses come up.

I am working with students ages 3-8 this summer. I would like some ideas on crafts using items that are recycled. Thank you!

By Mary

Answers

Hi! You didnt mention girls or boys but here are a few suggestions:
although this is not recycled its easy & fun craft

http://www.inst  rom-a-sheet-of-/

This is a disney site but can be searched by age, craft type material etc
http://familyfun.go.com/

Dollar store crafts site, has a number of child crafts with recycleables there is a beautiful egg carton wreath but there are a lot of good ideas with good pictures www.dollarstorecrafts.com

This site is divided by materials and is well worth a look
http://www.make  yclingindex.html

Good luck & happy crafting!