Making Felt Recyclables for a Toy Truck
Use some bits of felt to make a variety of recyclables for your little one's toy truck. This is a page about making felt recyclables for a toy truck
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
My son loves his recycling truck (aka "trash truck"). I thought he would enjoy having some recyclables to put into it and dump out, so I made him some items out of felt.
- felt (green, tan, white, and grey)
- coordinating embroidery floss
- sewing needle
- thin cardboard for templates
- Draw templates on thin cardboard and cut out.
- Bottles: Cut out two (2) bottles and one (1) label. Sew the label onto one of the bottles, using a back stitch. Then sew the two bottles together.
- Soda Cans: Cut out two (2) cans. Stitch an accent line and tab on to one of the cans, if desired. Then sew the two cans together, starting with the circular top. Then stitch around the outer edge, as shown below.
- Newspapers & Cardboard: Cut out one (1) piece of felt per newspaper or piece of cardboard (see below). Then fold the felt in half and stitch around the three open sides. Optional: You can use black embroidery floss to stitch "words" onto the papers if you want.
- Now your little one can have hours of fun sorting, collecting, and dumping their recyclables!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.