Organizing Your Cabinets

Go to dollar store and buy small plastic baskets to fill with products like oil, vinegar, spices, marsala wine, vanilla extract, etc. and then put them in your cabinets. When cooking, you can remove basket from cabinet and easily find things with out moving anything or knocking anything down, plus it prevents your cabinet surface getting sticky or stained. You can always put a basket in the sink to clean or buy another to replace it for only a dollar.

By Sandra M. from Wesley Chapel, FL

This is a good idea and would work better for me in lower cabinets. I am short so upper cabinets are hard for me to reach but what I recently did was to reorganize some of my cabinets. I made one that is a convenient location also convenient for me to reach since it is an upper cabinet. I got a couple lazy susans and on one I put spices and on another I put vinegars, oil, etc. By turning the lazy susan I can then reach the one item I'm after w/o pulling down a whole basket of things and possibly dropping or hitting myself in the face. I can reach the bottom shelf but only something at the very front of the next shelf up. I'm 5'1" and I don't like to have to get up on a stool to reach everything. This makes it so much easier!

Organizing KitchenFebruary 2, 2006
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
Cleaning yellow stains on cabinets.
Cleaning Kitchen Cabinets