Cupboard Organizing Tip

Upon cleaning out my cupboard this last time, I found that placing everything into plastic ziplock bags or container made everything easier to get to and to organize. No more guessing if there is anything in the box or WHAT might be in the box. Plus, this will cut down on pests if you are having problems with them.

By Sandi

In our first apartment, just after we got married, there were little black bugs in the kitchen cupboards. I ended up using the clear plastic bag idea and tupperware to put all the dry goods into. IF the bug got into the dry good before I had transferred it into a plastic bag, I could now see that that dry good was contaminated and so out went the bag. But all new dry goods were immediately put into the new containers and in no time there were also no bugs. Be sure also to wash any original containers (syrup bottles, ketchup bottles, etc) on the outside to be sure that the bugs are not living on that instead of your dry goods. What a relief I felt when there were no more bugs. (I also live in Canada and so don't know what cockroaches look like except for a picture on the internet, yah!!)

Have learned to put unopened boxes upside down in pantry,easier to tell if need to restock,cereal, rice,things in boxes,salt etc. helps me alot

I have found that turning all my bowls and containers upside down, keeps out dust from the part of that you use (the inside) and is also a plus if you are having problems with pests as well. I then use one square container to vertically stack all the lids, so I just have to flip through them to find the one I need.