Oven Cleaner for Thrifty Refinishing

If you want a thrifty and effective way to refinish something, use oven cleaner! Do not use this method on a valuable antique (but then if it is a valuable antique, you should not be refinishing it anyway as it will ruin the patina).

With small objects, I have sprayed it and then placed it in a plastic garbage bag and tied with twist tie. Let set for an hour or so and let the cleaner do it's work. I have also cleaned the racks in my oven with this method. The cheap $store kind works just as well as the expensive kind.

By Elaine

Uses for Oven Cleaners
Uses for Oven Cleaners
Home and Garden Repair OtherMarch 29, 2010
Porcelain Sink
Refinishing an Old Porcelain Sink
Keeping Your Oven Clean, Young Woman Cleaning her Oven
Keeping Your Oven Clean
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes