Uses for Oven Cleaners

Oven cleaners can be used for other cleaning jobs around the house. This is a page about uses for oven cleaners.

If you want a thrifty and effective way to refinish something, use oven cleaner! Do not use this method on a valuable antique (but then if it is a valuable antique, you should not be refinishing it anyway as it will ruin the patina).

With small objects, I have sprayed it and then placed it in a plastic garbage bag and tied with twist tie. Let set for an hour or so and let the cleaner do it's work. I have also cleaned the racks in my oven with this method. The cheap $store kind works just as well as the expensive kind.

By Elaine

There are times that I have a problem with scum in my bathroom, whether it is on my sink, tub or toilet. Some of the bathroom cleaners do not work that well. Well as I was cleaning my stove with the spray on stove cleaner, I thought "Well, if it removes dried on food, couldn't it remove scum?" I gave it a go and sure enough it worked. I left it on for about 5 to 10 minutes, cleaned it off and my bathroom was left shining. Plus the fumes are not as harsh as using other cleaners such as Ajax or Clorox.

By Sabrirna from Albuquerque, NM

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceApril 12, 2013
😷
😎
🌻
🐛
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Oven-Cleaners.html