Bargaining for a Hotel Room

We need to book a hotel room to go and visit my mother-in-law over the holidays because she lives in senior housing and cannot have overnight guests.

I looked up the hotel rate on Expedia.com. I then called the hotel directly and asked them if they could beat the online price. I saved $30 a night for two nights. This particular hotel has suites with a full kitchen, a separate bedroom, two TVs and a pull couch for another bed.

We can cook our own meals. We can book one hotel suite for 5 people, instead of two rooms for 5 people in our family (two adults and three teenagers). In addition, this hotel serves a very good complimentary buffet breakfast (muffins, cereal, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, coffee, juice, sausages, etc.). With our family, this is a bargain indeed.

We can bring our dog for an extra charge of $50, which is a better rate than a kennel and our old dog is much happier.

That is my tip. Although it is not the cheapest way to go, we saved $60 on our hotel room, get a free breakfast for essentially 5 adults, and pay a cheaper rate than a kennel.

By Cindy from Wyoming, MI

Saving Money on Hotels, A lit hotel sign.
Saving Money on Hotels
Travel and Recreation TravelNovember 14, 2005
4 Star Hotel
Hotel Travel Tips
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips
🎉
🎄