Yellow Marks On Dishes

Hi everyone, my question is... I have a dishwasher and it has left some yellowish scorch marks on my dishes, does anyone have any ideas on how to remove this?

My guess is that the "yellow marks" are rust. Possibly the rubber coating on the racks in your dishwasher have become worn in spots and the metal that is now exposed will rust and transfer to any dish that is touching that spot. Another possibility is that a metal pan or utensil you've placed in the dishwasher is rusting just a teensey bit..and again if that spot touches your dishes it will leave a rust stain. Avoid the "bare" spots or rusting utensils and problem solved. You might try "Wink" (or "Whink" ??) rust remover on the stains. You can usually find it by the silver polish/brass cleaner in grocery and hardware stores. Good luck!

Try putting some baking soda on a damp cloth and rub that on the stain and see if that works. If not, try putting on a little bleach on the stain. Of course, you have to rewash and make sure all bleach comes off. Might want to rinse in vinegar water!

Bar Keeper's Friend. Excellent product. Some Walmarts carry it. Check out their website.

Just type It is sure to come up. I use this product on fiberglass tubs, copper bottoms, stainless steel, porcelin sink and such. Try it you'll love it!

i've got similar problem and like previous post, suspect dw rack deterioration and cheap, rusty spatula as culprits. save $5 and avoid trying CLR by JELMAR. its label reads like it will do the trick, but it has failed in every applicsation i've tried. even full strength in contact with stain for 20 minutes.

I have this too! The cleaner that has worked best for me is the baking soda. I have looked at my dishwasher and sure enough it has prongs that have worn off plastic and the metal which is rusted is showing through. Good luck. :)

Home and Garden Cleaning DishesDecember 30, 2004
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Yellow cake with chocolate frosting.
Homemade Yellow Cake Recipes
A pregnant woman rubbing cream in her belly to prevent stretch marks.
Preventing Stretch Marks