Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Small White Bugs in Kitchen Cupboard

I have tiny white bugs in my pantry. They are almost round in shape and are on all canned goods. What are they? How do I get rid of? They resemble flour mites.

By Colleen

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Jacqui08/25/2010

These could be mealy bugs, any dry goods(flour, sugar pancake mix etc) will get mealy bugs after you've had the product for a while, also if the pantry is hot this will make them breed as they are in all these products as eggs. You have to throw everything away and start again. I keep all this kind of stuff in a small refrigerator in my garage and I always replace by the sell by date! Good luck.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Small White Bugs in Kitchen Cupboard

I have tiny white bugs in my kitchen cupboard. They look like sawdust at first, but then when I look closely they move.

Joanne from England

RE: Small White Bugs in Kitchen Cupboard

Check out "What are these bugs?? on this website. It's on the list to the right and below your question. Good luck. (07/24/2008)

By catastrofy

Could they be pantry moth larvae? Keep removing them. These moths can be a real nuisance in the kitchen. They are difficult to control. Good luck. (07/25/2008)

By Janet