Mud Stains on Clothing

By donna blaskow 1

How do you get clay mud out of white baseball pants? The care tag says "Do not use bleach".

By Donna from St. Louis, MO

Filter Sort

By Julie 48 563 Flag

March 26, 2008Best Answer

Hand cleaner at dollar store one dollar it comes in a small tub its like a gel type thick paste clear in color. It's the same thing mechanics use to put on their hands first to loosen grease then wash off. It is the best for the job. Take your item put some hand cleaner on an old tooth brush scrub it in good all fabric fibers both sides. Let set for about an hour then put it in the wash using warm water add some laundry detergent too let agitate in the wash for about 30 minutes then wash load as usual. Add a tablespoon of it to any wash to make clothes brighter.

My daughter's white wedding dress bottom had red clay mud stains set in after 3 washes nothing helped. I tried this method I am suggesting now, that someone suggested to me and it worked. If you get a stain on anything, apply it right and wash item. It works.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By bkvander 2 114 Flag

April 27, 2010Best Answer

Soak them in Oxi-Clean.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Robyn 5 Flag

April 28, 2010Best Answer

Iron Out, it is found in the plumbing section of the grocery store. I used it all the time when my son played ball, because we have "red clay" here in Alabama.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lilac 20 1,329 Flag

You can wet them, then pour detergent on them and scrub with a toothbrush. However my boys told me not to get theirs too clean because it made it look like they didn't get to play much.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Judi 18 938 Flag

I had a bad episode this weekend where every item of clothing on my body ended up soaked in very wet cow manure and mud...don't ask, it's not a nice story. Just picture this slightly plump old woman sprawled out about 20 feet from a fairly busy road yelling her head off and crying loudly. Anyway, I washed everything in very hot water with regular detergent and vinegar and all the mud and stuff came right out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Mud Stains on Clothing

How do I remove mud stains from a white tee shirt?

Tara from Lisbon, Maine

Answers:

RE: Mud Stains on Clothing

Add some bleach in a spray bottle, spray spots,
Give a second wash should be gone.
Also add bleach & detergent on second wash. (08/16/2006)

By Autumn

RE: Mud Stains on Clothing

Good Luck I had on a white t shirt when my doggie
jumped on me leaving muddy paw prints all over
and it was red clay mud. I washed shirt immediately
pre treating it and with bleach also. Well I still have
the shirt with the paw prints and at least 4 people have asked where I got the cute shirt! (08/17/2006)

By meoowmom

Archive: Mud Stains on Clothing

I have a pair of white polyester, rayon and spandex dress pants. They have a set-in mud stain that I cannot get out. I have tried numerous things, but the mud stains will not come out. Unfortunately the pants went through the washer and dryer before realizing the stains where there. Any ideas on how to remove these set-in mud stains?

Linda

Feedback:

RE: Mud Stains on Clothing

Hand cleaner at the Dollar store costs one dollar. It comes in a small tub, it's like a jell type thick paste and is clear in color. It's the same thing mechanics use to put on their hands first to loosen grease then wash off. It is the best for the job. Take your item and put some hand cleaner on an old tooth brush and scrub it in good on all fabric fibers and both sides. Let set for about an hour then put it in the wash using warm water. Add some laundry detergent too. Let it agitate in the wash for about 30 minutes then wash load as usual. Add a tablespoon of it to any wash to make clothes brighter.

My daughter's white wedding dress bottom had red clay mud stains set in after 3 washes. Nothing helped. I tried this method I am suggesting now, that someone suggested to me and it worked. If you get a stain on anything, apply it right and wash item. It works. (03/26/2008)

By theseamstress

RE: Mud Stains on Clothing

I don't know if this will work on mud, but it does for blood. Wet it really good and scrub with a bar soap. Then rewash it in the washer. This worked for me even after it went through the dryer. (03/27/2008)

By deebomb

RE: Mud Stains on Clothing

I took my son's shirt to the cleaners to see if they could get the mud out of his sport uniform. They could not get it out, so I did what theseamstress (278) suggested and I can't believe it actually worked. Thanks you so much. (09/19/2008)

By Von

A girl with mud stains on her clothing.
Removing Mud Stains from Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsApril 27, 2010
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Muddy Shoes
Removing Mud From Shoes
A girl with mud stains on her clothing.
Removing Mud Stains from Clothing
Man Holding Burger with Mustard Stain on his Tie
Removing Mustard Stains from Clothing
sweat stain on dark clothing
Perspiration Stains on Dark Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 9:41:14 AM on 10.0.0.68 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

AnswersArchives
NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings