Mud Stains on Cotton Pants

I have a light yellow pair of linen and cotton pants that mud splashed up on the back. I first washed as normal, then tried putting a paste of oxi clean on spots, then tried oxi clean and Shout together. I have not put them in the dryer any time. Mud spots are lighter but still there. What else can I try?

Alicia from Columbus, GA

Best Answer

Classic Coke or white vinegar, I would use Classic Coke first. Also, white cheap toothpaste works too. Good luck.

Best Answer

If you can get Sards Wonder Soap in America, I would try that. It is all I use for stains and it always works. I buy the cake of soap which is cheaper than the other forms of Sards, and it lasts a long time. Hope this helps.

Best Answer

The best stain remover I've ever used is one cup of Calgon and one cup of all fabric bleach in a five-gallon bucket with the hottest tap water you can rustle up. Soak overnight. Gets almost everything out!

Best Answer

I noticed you're in Georgia, so I'm assuming the mud was from that red clay (I used to live in GA, so I know how hard it can be to remove). The red in the clay is from iron (in other words, it's rust)

See if you can find a rust remover that can be used on colored clothes. I've always used Super Iron Out or one that comes in a brown bottle (can't think of the name and it's the one I prefer because it works on contact, but I don't think it's recommended for colored clothes). Walmart has both of them.

Try a cup of 20 Mule Team Borax in a gallon of warm water and soak overnight.
Sandy from Pittsburgh

Creme Perioxide, as is used in hair bleaching, WILL
likely work, BUT...MUST BE ABSOLUTELY WASHED OUT, or it can eat the cotton fabric if left in. Good luck and God bless you as you persevere. : )