Mud Stains on Clothing

How do you get clay mud out of white baseball pants? The care tag says "Do not use bleach".

By Donna from St. Louis, MO

Best Answer

Hand cleaner at dollar store one dollar it comes in a small tub its like a gel type thick paste clear in color. It's the same thing mechanics use to put on their hands first to loosen grease then wash off. It is the best for the job. Take your item put some hand cleaner on an old tooth brush scrub it in good all fabric fibers both sides. Let set for about an hour then put it in the wash using warm water add some laundry detergent too let agitate in the wash for about 30 minutes then wash load as usual. Add a tablespoon of it to any wash to make clothes brighter.

My daughter's white wedding dress bottom had red clay mud stains set in after 3 washes nothing helped. I tried this method I am suggesting now, that someone suggested to me and it worked. If you get a stain on anything, apply it right and wash item. It works.

Do you know the name of the hand cleaner you used to get the stains out? Brand? what does it look like? Thank you!

Best Answer

Soak them in Oxi-Clean.

Best Answer

Iron Out, it is found in the plumbing section of the grocery store. I used it all the time when my son played ball, because we have "red clay" here in Alabama.

You can wet them, then pour detergent on them and scrub with a toothbrush. However my boys told me not to get theirs too clean because it made it look like they didn't get to play much.

I had a bad episode this weekend where every item of clothing on my body ended up soaked in very wet cow manure and mud...don't ask, it's not a nice story. Just picture this slightly plump old woman sprawled out about 20 feet from a fairly busy road yelling her head off and crying loudly. Anyway, I washed everything in very hot water with regular detergent and vinegar and all the mud and stuff came right out.