Adapting Crochet Patterns For Dollhouses

I joined ThriftyFun today. I was looking at the craft projects and was impressed with the ideas for dollhouse decor. I am an accomplished dollhouse creator and have been making dollhouses for about 50 years.

Patterns for crocheted items are extremely difficult to find. My solution: I choose "ANY" pattern that is made from crochet thread or yarn. I crochet with sewing thread and a size 14 crochet hook, instead of crochet thread. For yarn, I use three strands of embroidery floss and a size 5 crochet hook. Separate the floss, tie the ends together (all three together to the other three) and wind balls of floss. Crochet right from the spool of thread.

I hope you will try this for your dollhouse projects.

Source: This came from necessity and the difficulty in finding patterns.

By Brenda (Crafty Nana) from Lebanon Junction, KY

Crochet Hook
Crafts CrochetJune 18, 2008
Crochet Hat Patterns
Crochet Hat Patterns
Side of Spanish rice.
Making Spanish Rice in the Rice Cooker
A person crocheting a pink baby blanket.
Finding Time to Crochet
yarn background
Adapting Knit and Crochet Patterns