I Found a Duck Egg

I found a duck egg. I don't know how to tell if it's still alive. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Chaeda from Columbia, MD

Answers

I found an egg. I do not know what to do and I do not know if it is alive or not.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

March 30, 2007 Flag

I have a fertilized duck egg which I found, but don't no whether it is alive or not. How can I tell?

Holly from England

Answers:

I Found a Fertilized Duck Egg

Hold it up to a 40 watt light bulb you should be able to see what is inside. (05/16/2006)

I Found a Fertilized Duck Egg

I use to raise ducks,lots of them. If you want to find out if the egg is fertile you use a tube that fits over the light bulb with a hole in the top that the pointed end of the egg fits in. The egg should have blood veins running through it.If you didn't find this egg in a nest there is a good chance it is not fertile until it has been set on by a duck for at least a week.If the egg was cold when you found it anything in it is aready dead. (05/17/2006)

By Jan

A duckling being hatched.
Caring for Duck Eggs
Pets BirdsMarch 30, 2007
Mallard Duck swimming in a lake.
Mallard Duck Information and Photos
Duck Dinner
Recipes Using Leftover Duck
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Donald and Daisy Duck Costume
Stew cooking in a stainless steel pan.
Duck Stew Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 3:24:23 PM on 10.0.0.240 in 924 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.