I Found a Duck Egg

I found a duck egg. I don't know how to tell if it's still alive. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Chaeda from Columbia, MD

I found an egg. I do not know what to do and I do not know if it is alive or not.

March 30, 2007 Flag

I have a fertilized duck egg which I found, but don't no whether it is alive or not. How can I tell?

Holly from England

I Found a Fertilized Duck Egg

Hold it up to a 40 watt light bulb you should be able to see what is inside. (05/16/2006)

I Found a Fertilized Duck Egg

I use to raise ducks,lots of them. If you want to find out if the egg is fertile you use a tube that fits over the light bulb with a hole in the top that the pointed end of the egg fits in. The egg should have blood veins running through it.If you didn't find this egg in a nest there is a good chance it is not fertile until it has been set on by a duck for at least a week.If the egg was cold when you found it anything in it is aready dead. (05/17/2006)

By Jan

A duckling being hatched.
Caring for Duck Eggs
Pets BirdsMarch 30, 2007
Mallard Duck swimming in a lake.
Mallard Duck Information and Photos
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Donald and Daisy Duck Costume
Six duck eggs in a nest
Abandoned Duck Nest
Duck in nest with eggs
Incubation Time for Duck Eggs