Mold Spots on a Bathroom Rug

The bathroom rug that was in front of our shower stall in the basement has black mold spots in one corner. What can I use to remove the mold spots? I just washed it with some detergent and bleach and it didn't take it out. Maybe I didn't use enough bleach?

By Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Try washing it again in hot water and detergent and see what happens. Personally, I would worry more about what caused the mold in the first place and stopping that problem because mold can spread in to the walls and under the flooring and cause serious health hazards :-( Google 'mold problems in the home and how to repair them' etc. to find out more about it.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceJune 15, 2009
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet, Plumber Replacing Bathroom Faucet
Replacing a Bathroom Faucet
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
Removing Mold from Boat Seats
ornamental rug
Removing Rug Dye from Carpet