Homemade Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergents

I need a cheap, hypoallergenic, recipe for powdered laundry soap.

By T. J. from Door Co., WI

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Robyn Fed 394 1,240 08/08/2009

I like Palmolive Bleach Alternative Dish Soap, it really gets clothes clean and leaves them smelling fresh. I know it doesn't hurt my skin because I have my hands in it all the time and I wash laundry with it.

http://www.colgate.ca/app/Palmolive ... ashingLiquids/BleachAlternative.cvsp

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Just use grated, non-scented castile soap.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Lee 10 08/11/2009

Look on the internet for homemade detergent, budget101.com has awesome homemade ideas.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Cajun 59 327 09/21/2009

Use most any detergent, but add 2 cups of clear vinegar to the rinse cycle. It will remove all the perfumes and other product remnants, and sanitize the clothes in the process.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Homemade Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergents

I have a 6 month old. Are homemade laundry detergents hypoallergenic? If so what are good and cheap recipes for it?

RE: Homemade Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergents

Remember to use white vinegar as a softener. It helps get all the soap residue off of clothing and it will not smell once it is dry. My daughter has soap/skin issues and we use 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda, 1/2 dram Bronner castile soap and 1 scoop of oxygen cleaner. For use: 1 Tbsp for frontload machine, 2Tbsp for top load machine.

Also, use olive oil soap for food stains on clothes, really works and no harsh chemicals. (03/04/2009)

By Mama2one