Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Homemade Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergents

I need a cheap, hypoallergenic, recipe for powdered laundry soap.

By T. J. from Door Co., WI

By Cajun [55]09/21/2009

Use most any detergent, but add 2 cups of clear vinegar to the rinse cycle. It will remove all the perfumes and other product remnants, and sanitize the clothes in the process.

By Lee08/11/2009

Look on the internet for homemade detergent, budget101.com has awesome homemade ideas.

By Anonymous [848]08/11/2009

Just use grated, non-scented castile soap.

By Robyn Fed [388]08/08/2009

I like Palmolive Bleach Alternative Dish Soap, it really gets clothes clean and leaves them smelling fresh. I know it doesn't hurt my skin because I have my hands in it all the time and I wash laundry with it.

http://www.colgate.ca/app/Palmolive ... ashingLiquids/BleachAlternative.cvsp

Racer

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Homemade Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergents

I have a 6 month old. Are homemade laundry detergents hypoallergenic? If so what are good and cheap recipes for it?

Jessica

RE: Homemade Hypoallergenic Laundry Detergents

Remember to use white vinegar as a softener. It helps get all the soap residue off of clothing and it will not smell once it is dry. My daughter has soap/skin issues and we use 1 cup borax, 1 cup washing soda, 1/2 dram Bronner castile soap and 1 scoop of oxygen cleaner. For use: 1 Tbsp for frontload machine, 2Tbsp for top load machine.

Also, use olive oil soap for food stains on clothes, really works and no harsh chemicals. (03/04/2009)

By Mama2one