Farm Cats

These cats live on a farm and are not house cats. They have a safe place to stay in all weather conditions and are fed daily. They like to bother the squirrels we feed. One day I watched a cat and a squirrel play tree tag for at least 20 minutes before he gave up and left the squirrel in peace.

There were 5 squirrels in the tree at one time. They were waiting for the cats to leave. They do this every day and I have never seen a squirrel caught yet. The cat needs all 4 paws to hang on the tree, the squirrel does not.

By Jan from Springfield, MN

I just love this picture, I have never seen cats and squirrels play together like this. It's just wonderful and I do love cats.

Thanks, Judy in Alabama

I really enjoyed your photo! I too had farm cats where we previously lived. I tried to turn them into house cats, but they preferred the great outdoors. They had their own kitty house and access to the shed. As a 'thank you' for their room and board, they sometimes brought a dead mouse or shrew to the front door for me. Silly cats.

I gave your post a thumbs-up rating. Cute photo!

Photo of a beautiful farm.
Farm Photos
Photos FarmJanuary 27, 2010
Dealing With Stray Cats
Dealing With Stray Cats
Farm Fresh Eggs
Cleaning Farm Fresh Eggs
Farm Fresh Eggs
Tips for Using Farm Fresh Eggs
Community Supported Agriculture Farm
Joining a Community Supported Agriculture Farm
🎄