Hamilton Beach Toaster Oven Leaks Air Around The Door

My new countertop toaster oven leaks a lot of hot air around the door. It's a Hamilton Beach 31197. There is no gasket on door, just 2 little rubber donuts. Any suggestions before I return it to the store? I have contacted HB and am waiting to hear from them. It's a nice counter top oven otherwise.

Holly Gates from Richardson, TX

I had one of these a while ago. I unboxed it, set it on the counter and turned it on. It went back to the store about an hour later.

It got so hot it was actually uncomfortable to be within three feet of it. As I told the clerk, "I KNOW it's an oven but the heat is supposed to be in it, not around it like a space heater."

Take it back. I got a EuroPro and am MOSTLY happy.

HB never replied. Am not surprised.

It must have gotten bent during the shipping process. I have one and I love it. I'd suggest to take it back to the store and tell them what's wrong. Ask if you can have another one that's not broken.

Consumer AdviceJuly 16, 2006
Oven Door Towel
Making an Oven Door Towel
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
Making Cookies in a Toaster Oven