How Do I Get Rid of Small Tree Stumps?

I'd like suggestions for the easiest ways to get rid of small stumps in our yard. My husband cut them as close to the ground as possible, but they're still sticking up enough to trip over. I'm hoping for an easy, natural solution without a lot of tools. Thanks for any suggestions.

We have always drilled holes in the tops of the stumps and filled the holes with rock salt, it works but it does take some time to rot the stumps. I have also read putting Charcoal on the stumps to slowly burn them out works, but I have not tried .

Pour gas on them,good luck.

Home and Garden Gardening TreesApril 28, 2010
Photo of a tree stump.
Getting Rid of a Tree Stump
beautiful top down view of tree stump
Reusing Tree Stumps
Paper Mulberry Tree
Getting Rid of a Paper Mulberry Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree