Set-In Stains on Table Linens

How do I remove old set-in stains from restaurant quality table linens?

By Brenda from Wheatfield, IN

If the stain is tea or coffee and the table linens are light in color lay the tablecloth outside on something when the sun is up and wet the spot with water. Keep doing this till stain is gone. Keep the spot of stain moist. This also works on clothing. I have had tea stains on white tops and did the same thing. Rosemary, Ohio

I wash with a cup of white vinegar in the water and then lay the item in the sunshine. Works great on perspiration stains, too.

I used to watch my mother use lemon juice after someone had spilled some red wine on one of her favorite tablecloths. She first rinsed the item in cold water, then outside on an old clothes line she kept, she would spread it out and treat with fresh lemon juice. It worked!

white tablecloth
Removing Food Stains from Tablecloths
Home and Garden Cleaning FabricApril 12, 2010
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Organizing Linens
Organizing Linens
Embroidered vintage handkerchief.
Uses for Old Linens
White changing table with drawers below.
Uses for a Baby Changing Table