Lily (Cat)

contest winner icon

Lily is three years old. She is a mixed breed. On a very hot August afternoon, my mother asked me to come to her house. Five tiny kittens were on her patio. We didn't see any sign of the mother cat and, after a while, took the kittens inside where it was cooler. They were so young they had trouble drinking from a dropper. We kept watching for the mother and later that evening we saw her under a bush. We took the kittens out to her and fed her.

The next day they were all gone. On the third day my mother called and asked me to come over again. One little kitten was on the patio all by herself. We couldn't see the mother or other kittens anywhere. Later that night I said I would take the kitten, just for the weekend and then take her to Cat Welfare on Monday. That was three years ago!

She loves to be chased. She will hide and then jump out at me when I walk by. Then she takes off running and hides beside something waiting for me to find her. She is the sweetest girl! Every night when I am in bed reading, she jumps up on my chest and snuggles against my neck, giving me "kisses" for about 10 minutes. She loves to smell flowers and whenever I have some in the house, she has to check them out.

By Deborah

Love that picture. Beautiful cat too!

Lily looks as if she might have some Maine Coone in her. That might account for how precious she is (smile). We are partial to Maine Coon kiities. She is a beautiful kitty girl.

Thank you for sharing.

She is beautiful, I love the picture with the flowers. Lily must be a delight to you!

Beautiful cat and you're beautiful for taking her in and giving her your home instead of her going to a shelter where her fate would be unknown! You are both Blessed. :-)

So cute cat.

This is such a wonderful story to read and think upon!

Here is a picture of my cat Tiger, who who had to be bottle fed, and he is a joy to us also. He lays by the computer on one side, and my parakeet is on the other side.

They are so full of joy and love!

Thank you all for such nice comments. Yes, Lily is a joy to have and I feel we are blessed to have found each other. I wondered if she might have some Maine Coon also. Her mother was a beautiful long hair black cat but the kittens all looked like Lily.

Robyn- Tiger looks like a sweetheart!

Pets Pet PagesJuly 9, 2010
Closeup of lily-of-the-valley flowers against green of leaves and blue sky.
Growing Lily-of-the-Valley
Alstroemeria Flowers
Growing Alstroemeria
Droopy Peace Lily
Droopy Peace Lily
Peace Lily Not Blooming
Peace Lily Not Blooming