Preserve Patterns With Interfacing

There are just those classic patterns that you love, but for some reason are discontinued by the companies. When I find patterns that I really like and want to keep for reuse, I use medium weight non fusible interfacing and trace the pattern on it. Cut it out, label it in a zip lock bag and put away with the original pattern envelope.

This copy repeatedly takes pinning after pinning and if necessary can be fix with any kind of tape. Make sure you mark the instructions, notches, etc. as the original pattern piece has on it as well as the "size". I have made patterns from the 1970s here in 2008 in this manner.

By Joyce from Benson, MN

Thanks for sharing your idea with the Thriftyfun community. I've transferred all of my favorite patterns to

the least expensive interfacing, and have used them over and over again.

This is a wonderful idea! Thanks!

I save the larger pieces of surrounding paper on a new pattern. It works great for applying "wonder under" when doing an applique. Instructions call for paper between the iron and fabric.

Thank you for this wonderful tip

Sewing pattern and wheel marker.
Saving Money on Clothing Patterns
Crafts SewingJanuary 24, 2009
Growing Quince, Canning Quince, Freezing Quince, Peeling Quince, Storing Quince. Selecting Good Quince. Holding Out a Ripe Quince
Canning Quince
Stained Glass
Stained Glass Patterns
clothing pattern
McCall's Patterns Reviews
shelf of interfacing
Using Interfacing