Make New Patterns From Old

I do sewing for a lady who wants everything made off the same pattern, with variations. I pinned her pattern to a percale sheet (bought at Goodwill) and traced all the markings onto the fabric. I've used this "pattern" for the past 6 years with no problems. The original pattern is still in good shape if any other adjustments need to be made.

By Marty from IN

This is an excellent idea and I gave it a thumbs up. I'm going to do this with my 'master patterns', thank-you for the tip! I'm going to assume that you used permanent marker to transfer the pattern markings, and that you finished the raw edges of the pattern pieces after you cut them from the sheets-I'll have to remember to leave enough of a margin to finish those raw edges:)

Another thing you can use is synthetic interfacing fabric. No need to hem the edges and it doesn't stretch. Also easy to draw darts etc. on it with felt tip pen.